Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Red, white and blue ice cream--YUM!

It's July 1st. It's supposed to be 90 degrees here in the Big Apple today. Back home in Texas it's probably 90 degrees for the low. I never thought that I'd miss that place as much as I do. I remember growing up there and not being able to have 4th of July bbq's because it was so hot outside your cold potato salad turned hot before you could even eat it. We were a military family so we usually went to the base to watch fireworks. I think we must have stopped for ice cream at some point because I remember my favorite was this concoction of red, white and blue ice cream. No idea what was in it, but it was really yummy. I love being on vacation in July but it really is hot in the city. I've got some stuff to do today, inside, so I will be fine. But I do hope to get out into this heat at some point soon. Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, and whatever temperature it is, I hope you enjoy this 1st day of July..sans ice cream of course. Peace xo

No comments:

Post a Comment